As we all know WhatsApp is an instant messaging service through which we are able to send messages and chat with our friends and family instantly at any time.WhatsApp is easy to install and use and is available at free of cost for first one year. Apart from this WhatsApp also let the user to share photos, videos, audio and also user location. Voice calling feature is also available in WhatsApp. So undoubtedly we can say that WhatsApp is the most popular and highly user friendly app to send and receive messages and also share other media files.
You can even restore deleted whatsapp message while you using whatsapp on pc as well
Every person who owns a smartphone mostly will have WhatsApp installed in his/her device in order to send and receive messages. But sometimes the received messages may be deleted by us accidentally while tapping on our smart device or sometimes we want to view our conversation which is already deleted from WhatsApp. This creates a problem when we accidentally delete some important messages and want it back. We will suffer a lot in such type of situation.
In such cases we can restore the deleted messages or conversation by just following simple process. But most of you may not be aware of it. Here I am providing you with detailed steps of how to restore the deleted messages or conversation.
There are three methods to restore the deleted messages in WhatsApp.The first two methods will be able to restore the older messages and the last one can only restore the past 7 days conversation.Any method can be followed according to your requirement. These methods will work for almost all the devices and platforms.The three methods are
- Manual restoring
- By web Application
- Direct restoring.
Steps To Manually Restore The Messages In WhatsApp:
- First go to WhatsApp database folder by following the path ‘sdcard/Whatsapp/databases’.
- Open the database folder.
- After opening it, you will find some chat files inside that.
- In the list of files appeared search a file named ‘msgstore.db.crypt’
- After finding the file, you need to rename it.
- Just rename it by adding an additional word either before it or after it.
- After renaming the file find the chat file which you want to restore.
- Rename the file you want to restore as ‘msgstore.db.crypt’.
- Then go to settings.
- Select Application/Manage application/WhatsApp.
- Hit on the ‘clear data’ button.
- Open WhatsApp and choose restore at the bottom right side of the screen.
- That’s it, the messages which are deleted have been restored.
Steps To Restore WhatsApp Messages Using Web Application:
In this method in order to restore the messages we use a web application called ‘Restore Messages’. This application is available at free of cost and restores the deleted messages in WhatsApp.The steps to restore the messages with this application are as follows
- Go to Recover messages site.
- Click on ‘Select SQlite file’
- After that select the database file which you want to restore and upload it.
- Hit the ‘scan’ button and wait for some time.
- After few seconds, you will be able to see the deleted messages on the screen.
Note: One can only see and read the messages by using this method.We cannot restore them to the chat history.
Steps To Restore WhatsApp Messages Directly:
- WhatsApp comes with a backup feature by which the app backup’s its data every day.
- The data stored in the sdcard will be backed up every day.
- In order to restore the messages in Whats app just re-install the whats app.
- The device asks you whether to restore your message history.
- Click on ‘Restore’
- This restores the entire data which is less than 7 days.